Thursday, September 23, 2010

Music Videos

When listening to music I can usually pick up the message that the song is trying to relay but there are some cases when after I watch the video I realize that I had a completely different view on the song. I think that most music videos are perverted and weird! Especially videos with Lady Gaga or Pink. Music is very affective on me and songs get caught inside my head very easily. I won't even realize I'm listening to a song while shopping in a store until I walk out and realize I'm actually singing it! This can be annoying to me when songs I don't like get stuck in my head because of the rhythm of the beat and catchy lyrics. This happens a lot to me with Lady Gaga's and Pink's music. I don't like either one of them as a person but their songs are very catchy, and for a while I didn't mind listening to their music until I saw their videos. One that I'd like to talk about is "Please Don't Leave Me" by Pink. When I just heard this song I thought it was cute, about a girl begging her boyfriend not to leave her. I liked the song and enjoyed singing along until I saw the video...the girl was keeping her boyfriend hostage and would torture him and brake body parts if he tried to leave, it was really weird and now every time I hear the song I think of the video. It's strange and I don't enjoy the song like I used to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment